Tag Archives | Community

P1010207

Why Are We So Scared?

Other people see me as abrasive. I perceive this is because much of my dialogue with people comes from a defensive place in me. I don’t want to be seen as abrasive. That’s why I recently attended the Live Conscious Retreat in Roatan, hoping I would learn to communicate better with people in my professional […]

Continue Reading 2
A small child looking out the gap of craft box

How to Get From There to Here

Why are you reading this blog on this site? I started reading blogs on this site two years ago because I was trying to get from there to here—”there” being stuck and “here” being happy with myself. Since attending my first Live Conscious Retreat last summer I have transformed myself. I know that sounds dramatic, […]

Continue Reading 0

Preciousness of Life

Kyoto, Japan It is Tuesday evening in Kyoto, Japan. We have just finished conducting a Live Conscious Retreat. In our retreats, all participants use pseudonyms, no one uses their real name. For this retreat Hannah chose the name “Yuuki”, which is the Japanese word for courage, and I chose the name “Mr. Lucky”—which in Japanese […]

Continue Reading 0
Childrens feet in bed close-up horizontal

Being Human

Feel stuck? How do you un-stick yourself? By being human. I recently had a patient come in, a lovely, fairly successful, quite confident teacher in the field of personal growth. She was feeling stuck in her life. She could not motivate herself to do the things she needed to do to promote her work, something […]

Continue Reading 0
Depositphotos_54730303_s-2015

Understanding Why We Change: Huffington Post

Understanding Why We Change is a recent Huffington Post article authored by Marilyn Mandala Schlitz and Tina Amorok. The authors reference a decade of research on this subject performed by the Institute of Noetic Sciences. They state that a change in beliefs, motivation and behaviors boils down to a shift in our worldview. Although the […]

Continue Reading 0

How To Fall Back In Love

On eHow’s ‘tips from people like you’, Terri R writes an interesting article giving 6 useful instructions to consider in order for couples to fall back in love. Great stuff, but much of what is suggested can be easier said than done. I believe the most likely way to successfully fall back in love, is […]

Continue Reading 0